Wednesday, March 20, 2013


Glorious Intruder

1024 - Copy
I have you safe here in my tiny box—my Sunday box,
my settled and safe Sunday box with fixed parameters and expectations,
no surprises.
But seams fill and cracks appear.
I am feeling uncomfortable here with my tidy little box of devotion.
I am feeling threatened here with my commitment that will not conform.
I thought I had you contained in my dogma and doctrine.
I thought creeds kept you tame and manageable.
But there are cracks round the edges, and I am feeling exposed.
Utility over abandon has come with a cost;
safety over fidelity has made this thin soul dissatisfied, and I am feeling stretched here
as my faith fictions and controllable boxes give way to your intrusion.

2 comments:

  1. Once humbled, then true LIFE enters and freedom that the world nor 'religion' can offer...it comes with a 'cost'; but so it was with JESUS in the giving of such LIFE! No greater sacrifice...no greater reward!

    You have such a unique way of expression...I love it!

    ReplyDelete