Tuesday, March 13, 2012

God’s Little Helper

“If you confess your sins, I’ll be faithful and just to relate your sins and proclaim to all your unrighteousness.” Mmm, something doesn’t sound quite right. I should look that up.

I could confess my own sins, but it would be much more beneficial to confess yours. I might be blind to my own tiny wee blind spots, but yours are so glaring, I almost feel compelled to share them. Let me pray about it. Wait. Ooh, I think I feel a peace.

It’s not that I think I’m so much better than you; it’s just that, well you know, when someone is stumbling so horribly, I’m supposed to be there to help pick them up. I’m just trying to help.

I want you to know that I laid out your hardships for the whole Bible Study group so we could uphold you in prayer. And we did indeed do that, after the girls recovered from the shock. I guess they weren’t expecting it from you. After all, up until now you’ve seemed so … well … holy. They promised to put your name on every prayer chain in the area. I know it will be an encouragement to you that so many of the faithful are diligently spreading the news about your desperate need.

I used to have issues a long long time ago, but I learned over the years that if the Lord doesn’t immediately deal with them, miraculously I mean, then you just stuff those babies down further and further and pretty soon they disappear. After a while you never even notice the hardness. It becomes sort of like a firm foundation that the rest of my victorious life rests upon. Thank you, Jesus!

I hope my testimony is a blessing to you. It’s always helpful to have a shining example leading way out in front. As long as you don’t continue to stumble too badly, there’s even a possibility you might catch up some day.

Well, what are we going to do about you? I must say I’m a little shocked that you resent my “interference.” This is my ministry, sister. How dare you label me a backbiter and a gossip? I never gossip. My mission in life is just to declare the truth, and if you are so ashamed of that, then I question whether or not you are really saved. The truth will set you free, you know. Don’t you want to be set free?

Well, I don’t have time for this. I’m late for prayer meeting, and I needed to get there early; I have a very long list this week. Leadership is a great burden, but I accept the responsibility willingly. It is my joy to help spread a little conviction around and love, too, if I have the time. We are His hands and feet after all.
Try to get hold of yourself. Stop sobbing and have a little faith. Maybe, if it’s not too late after I get back, I’ll stop by and we can have another little chat. Would you like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment