Saturday, May 24, 2014

Perhaps the end of the story–at least my part!

Well, I just got a gift.  
I went out to check on where I had the cage. I left his sock nest there just in case he came back. Then I saw him in the crook of a tree cheeping. I thought, oh, no. Now what? So I went in to get a dropperful of food.
When I got close, he went to another branch. And then a black-chinned hummer started beating on his head to drive him away from the feeder area! Argh!
He flew up in another branch, but not close enough for me to get him or protect him if the black-chinned came back . . . which, in fact, he did. But…………..so did mama!
She came swooping in and chased off the other hummer and was eyeing me, too. I wanted to see if she really was protecting him and would feed him, but she did not come close to him–just chattered in the tree close by. So I went inside and peeked through the window.
I saw her fend off the black-chinned again; and then, she went to the feeder, loaded up apparently, and went up and fed him. Yeah!  Hallelujah! Then she took off and he followed in her direction.
Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I have been absent for a long time. My, what an adventure you've had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been. I have been having trouble keeping up with Blogspot of late. It would be much more fun to just blog on my 2 blogs and not work. :-)

      Delete