Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bed, Bath, and Because . . .


. . . because art and beauty are everywhere!

It is easy to miss the small things
without a new way of seeing.

The nuances of shape and color,
go undetected in the have-tos of morning regimen.

How many things have I missed from You
in my busy, list-checking, rushed life?

If I didn't make room for the silences instead of seeing only the obligations,
hearing only the ticking of time and the demands of deadlines,
how many nuances of Your intervention would I have missed?























2 comments:

  1. You have some amazing photographs in this post.
    The first shot just blew me away...wow..
    I also love the pages of the book...
    I am so enjoying catching up with you this evening.
    Thank you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been fun taking pictures of so many common things. The book is actually a photo album, and it turned out nicely. The vertical blinds on the right window died, so we replaced them with horizontal ones, and every morning I wake to this wonderful pattern, so I finally ran down and got my camera to nab it. Thanks for liking it. It's fun to share.

    ReplyDelete