Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lilly's Snow Day in the Desert


                                                                      2-15-12

Well, I told you it was snowing. The hills around are covered!

We didn’t get much sticking on the valley floor. It was cold in the upper atmosphere, but still about 37 F deg close to the ground, but if you look really close in the next picture, there are tiny accumulations by the fence–proof positive. Look really really hard! And though my camera doesn’t pick up the falling snow very well, you can see the blurs of white. Do I sound like a transplanted Canadian who loves her snow?



Also, another Cooper’s Hawk came to call in the middle of it. Of course, he parked himself on a different side of the fence which makes it harder to get a clear picture through the harsher angle of my window And he sat by the area of my window that I didn’t clean on the inside. I am not Mlle Housekeeper, of course, but my excuse is that it is behind my computer screen and 2 stacked wire cubbies. I will sacrifice for art, though.


I did my Curves (Think: exercise gym) and Trader Joe’s (Think: awesome store in CA) run, not because I am so committed to exercise (though I am committed to TJ’s carrot muffins and organic produce) . . . but really, it was an excuse to get out and take the long way home past the aqueduct and closer to the hills. Camera at hand!


To top it off, the snow covered hills to the south and southeast were alight with clouds and color from another beautiful sunset.




We must have gotten more snow in the night because hubby said, as he went to work, he could see the lowest hills are now covered. I don’t have the car today, but I see a bike trek or a walk in my future!

2 comments: