Thursday, May 31, 2012


Fastfood on the Fly


I was photographing birds from my window with my new telephoto lens. The neighbor’s rose and sparrows perched on the fence makes for an enjoyable frame; however, all of a sudden I realized I was capturing something very special.
These are youngsters, newly flown from the nest, but still hanging around for provision. They are very contemporay children. That happens a lot! :-)


Snap, snap, snap! I took a bout 350 pictures! A bit of complaining going on here. “Wait … are we expecting company?”

“Yo, Mama!” And here she comes with the food set out by that weird lady in the window with the black circle always in her face.


One is starving; the other nonchalant.
“Is it organic, Mom. I only do organic!”

“Yum! This is much better than the grub and worm stuff. That was probably from those other fastfood joints. What no seconds! I’m not heavy–only fluffy!”

“That’s more like it!” (Brother may seem nonchalant, but after all this special attention for the sibling, he is getting mildly irritated.)

“Okay, are you leaving any for me, or what!”



“Fine, you eat all the hard seeds. But I found some really spiffy low cal string here. If you chew long and hard you barely even notice your stomach growling. Or is that gizzard?”

“Mom, thanks for all you do.”
“No problem, son. I get incredible fulfillment from birthing you, providing for you, and protecting you from predators. But that said . . . it’s about time you packed your bags, Love you.” :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment