Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sorry for the funny formatting sometimes. With Chrome, it copies and pastes from my other blog in odd ways.


Blackbird Singin’ in the Dead of . . . Afternoon?


         

I had a nice feathered visitor, who put on a little show for me, happily right next to the neighbor’s lovely pink rose.



I looked in my Audubon bird guide, and he looked to me like a Brewer’s Blackbird, him with his fine beak and white eye. Since I am not very bird savvy, given the various kinds within a group, I asked my blog friend The Birding Bunch to confirm my ID. Yay, I got one!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are just fabulous!

    Thank goodness you're getting rid of all those canned goods. I still used canned tomatoes but that's about all! I can't even stomach canned chili or canned soups anymore. But, unfortunately, my waistline has not gotten any smaller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody needs to come up with a BPA free can for tomatores because acidic foods leach the most. Muir Glen coats the inside, at least in their big can of diced ones. They are also organic.

      Delete