Friday, January 13, 2012

Daddy, You're Not Alone



(This song was written for my father during one of his critical hospital stays.  He passed away January 15, 2008, and I miss him.)

1. I know you never thought it would be like this,
You never thought you’d be so weak.
Never thought you’d be dependent.
I know through all the years when you felt so strong,
It must’ve never crossed your mind
That you’d face this moment.

Chorus:
In these midnight hours, I know it hurts.
In the pain and tears, you’ve got to wonder what it’s all worth;
But remember you’re not alone.
Even through the blackest night,
Even through the deepest water,
Daddy, you’re not alone.
You are in the arms of God,
Loved by your Heavenly Father.

2. I guess I never thought it would be like this.
Never thought you’d grow so old,
Always thought you’d be my shelter.
And it never crossed my mind when you walked so tall
That your world could shrink so small;
I kinda thought you’d live here forever.

Coda:  “Daddy, you’re almost home.
             And Daddy, you’re not alone.”

Lilly 2-02

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though he passed on three years ago, I can understand why you still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline was just saying it is four years ago today. Hard to believe that much time has elapsed already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing. Seems long and short all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete