Friday, January 27, 2012

In the Pink . . . and Orange and Gold and Maroon and . . .


Last night's sunset was a dilly!  When the winds came in, the cloud formations starting getting interesting; then the color came.  We were driving, so all the color shots were from a moving car.  I was stopped briefly on the highway at a red light in front of the Shell station for that one.  Now if I had been driving . . .

Here's how it started:



This is how it developed--riotous gold, maroon, orange, etc. to the west and pinks and powder blues to the east and southeast.  The north was ablaze with swaths of deep rose, as well, but since my hubby was driving, it was hard to shoot across him (or in his face) to get a shot.  Though I tried! :-)



















4 comments:

  1. These photographs are just amazingly beautiful...thanks for sharing them ! Greetings from N. Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm Irish-Canadian. :-) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lucky you to have such an awesome display from the clouds. Love the top shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's these times you are so glad you had the camera, even though the weight in my purse will send me to the chiropractor! :-)

    ReplyDelete