Monday, April 23, 2012

Perspective on Perspectives


(Peace Tower on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, scanned from 35 mm)

It’s all about how you look at things;
at least, that’s how I see it.
How do you see it?
It’s the Rorschach test of life–
how you view your world,
what you see that others don’t.
From the bottom looking up,
from the top looking down,
inside looking out,
outside looking in.
Grace should be a given
till we can see how others see
and understand the filters in their lives
through these pieces of wood in our own.

Sequoia '10
Seattle '10
Sequoia '11
Tahoe '10
Kaiser '11

2 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't wake up with a stiff neck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably doesn't help my poor neck, but I do find myself looking up a lot. If they would let me on the roof or climb the trees, I would probably get the other perspective, too. :-)

      Delete