Wednesday, June 13, 2012


The Ins and Outs of Birding (Wed.’s blog in some time zone)

Make way, make way, I’m coming innnnnnnnnnn!  Whew.  I’m getting pretty good at this flying stuff, huh, Dad?
Except that you wiped out your baby brother, you’re doing great, son.  Go easy on the brakes on lift off, but feel free to use them when landing!
Sure, Dad!  Whoa, this cruising is awesome.  Hey, watch me dive for that sunflower seed and do a touch and go with it hanging off my tongue.
What did I tell you about choking.  Stand still and chew your food or the boogey lady will get you.
She doesn’t seem too scary to me, Dad.  Are you sure she’s so dangerous?
That is where all bad birds go.  They get swallowed up by her black clicky thingy and are trapped forever.  Your Aunt Alice got sucked in there, and we never saw her again . . . but that could have been the hawk.  No one really knows for sure.  But better safe than sorry.
. . . Will you watch what you’re doing.  Hover means above the target not plough into it.  Now go round again, and this time get it right.  Good grief!  Next time your mom gets to take you out on maneuvers.

7 comments:

  1. Odd. Every so often when I copy from my other blog, it does the funny thing as above. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photograpy is awesome! Those in-flight shots are great. And the bird narrative is absolutely fun. I like your red wagon...and your fence. I'll look forward to seeing your garden 'inspirations' too. I've loved all we've got done around our place. Its work..but so nice when its done and pretty. Keeps me outside and away from blogging though! I'm not the most consistant gal....thats for sure...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much more traffic on my other blog I get behind here, but it's always nice to catch up. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. A charming series of captures (and love the accompanying "conversation" ! Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete