Saturday, September 22, 2012


Highs and Lows


Life is full of highs and lows, and often back to back. This week on Monday, we rejoiced with the addition of a beautiful new grandbaby. Last night, we got that call no one wants to get. “Dad, I’ve had a car accident.”

Our youngest crashed his new car. But any crash you walk away from is a good one, and cars are only things. 2008 he did not walk away from a crash, was cut out of his car with the jaws of life, medivacced to UCLA trauma, and spent months healing.

Last night gave me flashbacks, and I am sorry his little black KIA will have to be reconstructed some, but I am also thanking God that he is uninjured and that my stomach is almost back to normal.

Sometimes, I think I was not cut out for the real world.

2 comments:

  1. I PRAISE THE LORD with you that your son suffered not injuries in this accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been the year for "excitement," for sure. I could use some quiet time. Sigh

    ReplyDelete