Monday, September 3, 2012


Orchids,Orchids, Orchids



Our last hurrah before school took us once again to Santa Barbara. If I was a multimillionaire, I would live there–as a maid! That being said, they have so many things to pleasure the senses.

These orchid pictures were taken at a place called Santa Barbara Orchid Estates, which is really appropriate since they grow orchids and they are in Santa Barbara! :-)

After the orchid place, we got lost trying to find our way back to the freeway and ended up driving up hills on tiny streets with gazillion dollar homes on either side and a fabulous view of the blue Pacific. Incredible! The only thing that keeps me from lusting too badly after their homes is the consolation I get from knowing I am much further inland if a tsunami hits.

                                                                        ORCHcat :-)

I know I’m wicked, but I’m working on that. I should be thankful for what I have; and afterall, I have just as much sand as they do, it’s just not attached to water.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful orchids. It's fun to see estates but rich people truly do have just as many worries as the rest of us. I think many of them obsess about how to keep the rest of us from getting any of their money. (See, I'm bad too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a reason I don't live near the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know what some of those folks do. There is an incredible amount of money represented by those homes. Beautiful, but I have to wonder how they afford to live there.

      Delete