Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Azure Skies and Diggin' It


Sometimes a phrase comes along and articulates in a fresh new way something that we just need to say.  But it is only fresh for a time before it is overworked and irritating. 
For example, azure as a descriptive was totally awesome and prodigious in its day, but reading “azure skies” today smacks of teen romance novels.  Gag!
The following ones . . . well, I am just so done with them.  Dig it?  . . . Not! 
(Assume there are probably exclamation points after each one!)
1.      Whatever
2.      Duh
3.      No-brainer
4.      Big time
5.      You go, girl.
6.      Awesome, dude
7.      Totally awesome
8.      Quality time
9.      All my ducks in a row
10.  I’m just sayin’.
11.  I need closure.
12.  Like . . . yeah . . . like . . . like
13.  Yo
14.  Hooking up
15.  Take a number.
16.  Your call is important to us.
17.  It is what it is!  (Okay, I’m really not done with this one.  It slips out all the time because it is suitable in so many circumstances.)
18.  And cool and gnarly are forever!  So get over it!
Do you have any pet axioms that are starting to get under your pelt?  (Don’t you love using the synonym function?)  J  And while I’m thinking about it:  What would life be without emoticons!
Okay, fill in the void:  I hate the phrase _________________________________. 

No comments:

Post a Comment