Monday, July 9, 2012


R-rated for Violence!

He is an awesome bird, this Black-crowned Night Heron, but I wonder if I could convince him to be a vegetarian?  Soy nuts?  Avocado?
When my husband first caught site of him landing in the tree above us, I quickly started shooting bursts of photos till I realized he had a gosling in his mouth.
Stop shooting.  Breathe deep.  I don’t do dead.
I “carefully” looked again, and the meal was down the hatch already, so I got the rest of these shots.  (Just disregard the wailing mother goose by the water!)  I’m rethinking my love of all things “natural.”
Later, when I uploaded, I came to the first of those 9 shots.  Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  My stomach took a flip.  I passed through the rest with my hand over the screen, positioned at the appropriate place.  I thought my computer was G-rated!
#4 son looked at them ( a little squeamish); hubby looked at them (“LIKE”), but not me.  I would delete, but hubby wants me to keep them.  And I’m thinking now . . . WHY!
As I edited photos, I was very careful to watch my numbers.  902 is the start of this National Geo type shot series.  On and on I edited, keeping watch of the numbers.  Till, oh no, I got lost in grandbaby pictures, and …………………..agh!!!!  There it was.  I jumped a foot and my stomach took a flip.
So, what should I do with them?  I will never look at them.  Have you ever tried editing with your hand over the screen.  Hubby’s birthday is coming up; maybe I’ll give them to his computer for a present!
These pictures here are the safe ones!
Here’s a slideshow:

No comments:

Post a Comment