Saturday, August 4, 2012


Weekly Photo Challenge: Growth


Growth can mean so many things, but what comes to mind is a Bible verse I read which was a paraphrase of Matthew 6:28. It said to consider how God takes care of the lilies of the field, who grow in dark and difficult places. Though we would like our growth to be with ease, often it is the straining, the turmoil, and the pain that produces the most Christlikeness. This lone pine stretching out of a rock at Lake Tahoe illustrates that to me.

8 comments:

  1. I can't decide which version of that lone pine tree I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and his sister were hiking down to see some stone house closer to the lake at a turn out at Lake Tahoe in CA. I stayed up top to guard the car, mainly because my knees don't hike anymore. :-) And this tree became my favorite entertainer. I took several pics as the light faded.

      Delete
  2. A very lovely photograph.....
    It shows how much life wants to live!
    Lake Tahoe is such a gorgeous place!
    Happy Sunday.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always marvel at life growing out of hard places. Such a metaphor.

      Delete
  3. You found the perfect tree to illustrate your text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought of the lilies growing out in the sunshine, but you're right that growth often comes from dark and difficult places. Thanks for your thoughts and for the wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember exactly where I read it. I thought it was the Amplified Bible, but I looked again and it's not. Perhaps it was a commentary. The roots of all plants I guess are in the dark, straining to reach the light. I would prefer the light only without the straining. :-)

      Delete