Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Letter to the Editor

Scribble in the margins of my story
the things you find important that I've missed.
I don't want to fail to see the glory.

Highlight all the places where it's blurry;
my tears have marred the text and still persist.
Scribble in the margins of my story.

Change, I know, is key to perfect copy,
but I would not have added all these twists.
Still, I don't want to fail to see glory.

Edit out the lines infused with worry,
though, understanding would have helped a bit.
Scribble in the margins of my story.

Add the notes that help me see the beauty
in all the pain and terror that exists
for I find it hard to see glory.

I want to trust Your guidance so fiercely--
to really trust that all the parts can fit.
Scribble in the margins of my story;
I don't want to fail to see Your glory.


~a villanelle in iambic pentameter '08

No comments:

Post a Comment