Monday, October 31, 2011

A Special Rug

I have been documenting some of my arts and craft phases lately.  I didn't include knitting, crocheting, watercolors, or oils.  And another I didn't include is rugmaking.  I have made quite a few rugs by crocheting long strips of torn fabric.  This one below is the most recent and kind of special.



March 2008, my youngest son was T-boned by a truck going 65 mph.  We stood by the side of the road praying, crying, and trying to breathe as firefighters went through 2 jaws of life to cut him out of the vehicle.  He was medi-vacced away by helicopter, and the next few months were a blur of pain, surgeries, recovery, and therapy. 

Below is the remains of his Grand Am, now called the Grand Was!  The rug above is his recovery rug.  I gave myself carpal tunnel pain, working working working hour after hour, day after day, as I took my turn at hospital vigils.  Thankfully, he has recovered with only minimal residual damage, except for the 7 screws and the 15 inch abdominal scar.  We are thankful to God for His intervention!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful rug, and what a story! I'm glad to learn of it after it's all over and he's OK! (Thanks for visiting my blog today, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tough time, but we are thankful he survived and is doing well. It helped with my stress level to have something to do with my hands!

    ReplyDelete