Sunday, October 30, 2011

OK, I’m a Bad Housekeeper

It’s not that I don’t know how to keep a perfect house.  And it’s not that I don’t like it clean, orderly, and dust free; however, other pursuits take priority. 
I have a watercolor print in my office with a little mouse writing at a desk:  The last line says, “I will create while other mice play.”  Insert work for play, and that’s me in a nutshell.  Mom would be calling me to do the dishes, and where was this suddenly deaf Lilly?  Perched in the top of the apple tree writing stories and poems. 

You’ve heard of Van Gogh and his blue period; I have had various artistic periods, as well, some of the evidence of which lies below.

My cross-stitch and needlepoint:



My doll period:







My press-flower phase:






My folk-art phase:



My ceramic period:













My quilt period:








All of these phases continue to ebb and flow in my life, skirting in and out of the clutter and chaos of my not so orderly home, but music, writing, and books are forever!  He who dies with the most . . . songs, crafts, art, rough drafts, and books wins!




2 comments:

  1. I like the revised look.

    Wow you are a crafty sort - well I guess I knew that, but it is good to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a saga that goes with the revision!

    I thought I would change my top picture--temporarily! I changed it to one that wasn't working; then, when I went to delete it, I accidently deleted the whole element that allows you to put one in there! I looked and looked, but could not find a way to reinstate it. So I tried this function underneath the title, and after a gazillion size adjustments, I got it to work!

    I am not touching anything else! .....at least not right away!

    I do like the extra width to my post area, though. That allows the bigger pictures without bleeding over the right side. In case you're interested, I found that under desigh, template, I think.

    ReplyDelete