Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The WEAK in Review

I am trying to keep up with my daily posts, so I think this will be a regular entry--the foibles of me!

My husband and I head up a Christian home education program, and we have a group of dedicated leaders that provide support meetings for our folks.  Every year as a end-of-year gift, I bake them all loaves of my organic whole wheat bread, AND since everybody has way too much junk, I stopped givng candles and trinkets in lieu of books.  Because you can never have enough of those!

This past June, I found a bunch of cool home remedy and survival type books that any sensible person might need in case of an earthquake, a Wal-mart closing, or a hostile takeover.  I just found out that one of the leader's innocents was thumbing through the book and noticed a couple of things that caused him to question his dad's and mom's salvation.  One was an explicit drawing how-to of breast feeding.  The son was sure dad was not supposed to see that!  The other was directions on how to roll a joint! 

Okay, I'm pretty sure that puts me on some homeschool administrator black list, and it also means I will be checking every page of next year's books!

1 comment: