Monday, November 7, 2011

Just a Thought . . .


A couple of years ago, I planted a white rose bush beside our already well-established deep rose one.  The white one happily took off and graced us with cascades of white lacy-petaled blossoms. 

But something funny is going on now.

This year, our once white roses are tinged with pink.  The deep color bush is obviously influencing the other. 

This got me thinking:  In some way, because they share the same soil and water, their lives have intermingled so that the lighter is taking on the attributes of the stronger color.  Perhaps because my roots and life are shared with my Master and Lord, my fruit will be tinged with His attributes, as well.  May it ever be so.


2 comments:

  1. Is your soil becoming more acidic - I know that will alter petal colour in hydrangea - not sure about roses.

    ReplyDelete