Friday, November 18, 2011

More color and comment (sarcastic, of course) in the desert . . .

11-'11



I ride around on my bike, looking for pictures to take.  Crisp fall air and photography take the sting out of exercise. 

This top one was taken a little off the road near where a car was parked.  I didn't notice till I got back on my bike that there was actually someone in the car, who I'm sure thought me an idiot.  But to be fair, I think he was a robber or a sexual predator casing the street!  Or he might be stealing a smoke because the wife won't let him smoke in the house.  Maybe that.


With this picture, I look up at the flaming deciduous against the backdrop of conifer and try to imagine that I'm not surrounded by a housing tract and an asphalt drag strip, with a scary tattooed guy quickly approaching me on the sidewalk.  Mmm, I'm on a bike, he on foot.  Do I think he can run faster than I can pedal?  Maybe.


This liquidambar tree is certainly living up to its name.  It caught my eye from a side street, and I needed to go back and capture its soul.  The house on whose lawn it stood was a bit run down, and I wasn't sure it was even inhabited; though, I did have an inkling that if I heard a "sic 'em" from behind the peeling door I would need to make a fast getaway.  It was the sign "Pit Bulls R Us" that gave it away.


Though these little red wanna-be trees bloody the sidewalk, they make a beautiful flaming site on this nice fall day!

And then I bike home to nurse my knees, and my own roses have shaken off the heat and gloom of boring blue summer skies and are once again blessing us with heady blossoms!  I love the fall!






2 comments: