Friday, November 25, 2011

To catch the wind . . .


We have breezes in the desert, but quite often they morph into full-force winds--the knock your fence down sort!

I was out on my bike, working with this natural resistance training, when I stopped to take another picture of our neighbor's liquidambar (or sweetgum) tree.  Hold your breath, wait for the pause in the gale, then SNAP! 

Back on my computer, this pic was about to be deleted, because obviously I had missed the pause; but then . . . I saw it!  Do you?  I couldn't discard it because I realized in a moment that I had caught the wind!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you did catch the wind! Something that is hard to do too. I like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do, too. I was so close to deleting, but the color and vibrance just reminded me of the subtle work of the Holy Spirit in my life. Like the wind, I can't always see it, but I get to see a whisper of the color and energy left behind. :-)

    ReplyDelete